Friday, July 10, 2015

Library windows 2014-2015

As with the bulletin boards, I was not as productive with windows this year. I'll blame it on being overly busy teaching. I recycle a lot of my props from one theme to another, using them differently. I love the dollar store, garage sales, the sale aisle of big box stores, and everyone else's cast offs. Creativity is key and the free is good.



No time to decorate? I adapted this idea and asked staff to pick their favorite books and pop in a speech bubble with a short quote. I found my bubbles at my local teacher store and laminated them for repeat use.



I went simple this year adapting this idea and did some paper cutouts that I laminated. 
The house windows are tissue paper.

 
I loved this window idea. I used a plastic tablecloth, printed & laminated letters, plastic spiders 
and super cool eyes that I found at the dollar store. I just need a better way to adhere 
the spiders to the window so you don't see the tape. 


 
The dollar store again, with another tablecloth, fruit, party favors, knight shields (in the other window), 
jewels, a gold plate and crowns

This is actually a pirates chest from the party store. It gets used quite a bit.



Again, just lots of stuff I've collected over the years. Mix and match to use them differently. The kids enjoy looking at them as they line up in the hall going to or from other places. It is a great way to keep them interested in books and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment