Friday, July 10, 2015

Attention grabbing and EASY Book Fair Decorations

We all love book fairs. Regardless of the vendor, the provide our libraries with monies to be spent on books, author visits and other programming to help our students. Many book fairs have a theme. Personally, I have had good luck with the Scholastic program. Most of the time I use the theme they suggest, occasionally I go rogue and use something different. I have found that in my school, decorating the tables and such do not make the kids any more excited about the books. However, I have found that using large posters flanking the library doors does have an impact. It keeps the kids excited and it keeps sales brisk.

These are a few of my past book fair decorations.

There were two of these awesome reading tikis, one for each side. Painted by my awesome art teacher.


Both the cat and dog were also painted by my art teacher.


My art teacher was busy, so I got creative and did a bit of overhead tracing magic.


More overhead magic along with some die-cuts and construction paper embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment