Sunday, August 30, 2015

Clouds...and writing

Because I'm on a roll. One of my teachers is reading the book It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles Green Shaw this coming week. I lent her cloud cards and offered her a copy of a writing activity I had done in the past. We made wonderful class books with the children drawing pictures of what they too thought they saw in the clouds. Unfortunately I couldn't find my paper copies, and my electronic copy had apparently become corrupted.

I always think creating these new worksheets will take less time than they do, especially when working with Microsoft Paint. My drawings always take longer because I get so fussy. I'm not terribly thrilled with the outcome, but I'm trying to learn to "let it go" and not be such a perfectionist.

In the end, I created six pages suitable for a class book or for individual worksheets. Five of the pages have cloud shape the student can identify, the sixth page is blank for their own creative drawing opportunity. Each of the five pages has two formats, complete the sentence and a blank line for their own interpretative writing. I also added in vocabulary pocket chart words to help with spelling.


This is a free TPT download, so pop over and grab the download. I'll include my standard plea for feedback. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment