Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bulletin Boards

What can I say about bulletin boards except I have a love/hate relationship with them. First of all I have too many of them in the library and would much rather have shelving higher than a three feet, but I make the best of it. Or at least I'm trying. I also have a bulletin board in the hallway in another part of the school. Which I actually LOVE having. Its in a main hallway, across from the restrooms, so there is lots of traffic. I've noticed that if I include book covers I have in the library, guess what books get checked out?

I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest and have a board just for Library Displays. If your interested, you can see where I got my ideas from. OctoberNovember (which BTW I can't find an original pin and it drives me nuts), February (pictures are not currently showing on the original blog), and April.

Welcome Back using Carson-Dellosa kit.
October using Carson-Dellosa kit and an assortment of other fall leaves.
I made the basket by weaving together heavy brown paper.
November using the same tree base, a monkey set and some palm leaves.
I had made the tiger and giraffe years ago, they are out of proportion, but what the heck.
February using a variety of hearts from the party store.
We pulled every pink and red covered book we could find.
"Roses are red, Books are red too. If you like great books, then these books are for you!"
Book Fair Fiesta and another trip to the party store.
April - back to the tree along with the kits woodland animals.

My Pinterest board is full of new ideas for this year. I hope to share them more frequently. Be on the lookout. If you adapt any of these ideas, please let me know. Post a photo or a link in the comments. I'd love to see what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment